- Mar 2016-present: Assistant Professor (Post-doc): University of Vienna, Department of Government
- Dec 2013-Mar 2016: Assistant Professor (Post-doc): University of Vienna, Department of Methods in the Social Sciences
- Oct 2009-Oct 2013: Ph.D. Political Science, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
Thesis entitled “Split-Ticket Voting in Mixed-Member Electoral Systems: A Theoretical and Methodological Investigation”. Supervisors: Profs. Michael Marsh and Kenneth Benoit.
Winner of the 2014 ECPR Jean Blondel Phd Prize Endorsement
- Jan 2012-May 2012: Visiting research student, London School of Economics, Methodology Institute, UK.
- Oct 2010-Jun 2011 : Postgraduate Diploma in Statistics, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
- Oct 2006- Oct 2008: Double M. Sc. Politics and Governance, University of Bologna, Italy & University of Essex, UK.
- Oct 2003-Oct 2006: B.A. Political Science and International Relations, University of Bologna, Italy.
- Feb 2013: Winter School on Methodological Issues in Comparative Electoral Analysis, University of Trento, Italy, True European Voter, COST Action.
- Feb 2012: Winter School on Methodological Issues in Comparative Electoral Analysis, University LUISS Guido Carli, Italy, True European Voter, COST Action.
- Jul 2011-Aug 2011: ICPSR Summer School in Quantitative Methods, University of Michigan, USA (specialization in Bayesian methods and Simultaneous Equation Models).
- Feb 2018: West European Politics Gordon Smith and Vincent Wright Memorial Prize for the best article appearing during 2017 (Volume 40).
- Oct 2014: Jean Blondel Prize for the best PhD thesis in Politics.
- Oct 2010- Sept 2013: Irish Research Council for the Humanities and Social Sciences (IRCHSS), Post-Graduate Scholarship.
- Oct 2009-Sept 2010: Departmental Award, Department of Political Science, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
- Sept 2006- Jun 2007: ERASMUS Educational Mobility Found – European Union
- Sept 2004-Jul 2006: Education grants, ER.GO. – University of Bologna, Italy